Pages

Monday 17 March 2014

Book Review- Insurgent (Divergent #2)




Name: 
Insurgent

Author: Veronica Roth
Genre: Young-Adult, Dystopian
Publication Date: 1st May 2012
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Synopsis: "Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former ome and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future. Yet, if Tris wants to uncover the truth about her world, she must be stronger than ever...because more shocking choices and sacrifices lie ahead.
"



Goodreads: Add Here
Amazon UK: Buy Here
Amazon US: Buy Here
Source: Paperback



Review: I have to say this is my favourite one out of the series so far. I just found the story so gripping, at first I didn't read it much (due to school and many many tests as usual) but just over the weekend I read the majority of it and finished it on Sunday (very early in the morning. I couldn't wait to read it) and ended up loving it. Of course it's still in the perspective of Tris. I think Tris is an amazing character, she's a strong, intelligent, young female character that does have a love interest but it doesn't seem like a normal love interest sort of thing. I won't say too much in case you haven't read this or Divergent, but if you have at least read Divergent you might get what I mean by 'not a normal love interest sort of thing'. Every time a chapter ended, I wanted to read more. The story was so interesting and action packed that it made me feel like I needed to keep reading it and then before I knew it, the book had finished. It made me want to pick up Allegiant so desperately and I did, but I don't want the series to end and most people say it's going to be emotional, so I'm guessing I'm going to need a tissue next to me by the time I've finished it? But, back to Insurgent. It was fantastic and it was honestly better than Divergent. I also just really love Veronica Roth's writing, it's just simple to read yet so descriptive and you get to know the characters well and get to know the thoughts and feelings of Tris while she goes on this crazy adventure. I highly recommend this series if you haven't read it yet. You'll most likely love it.

Rating: 5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment