Pages

Monday 31 March 2014

Book Review- Allegiant (Divergent #3)




Name: 
Allegiant

Author: Veronica Roth
Genre: Young-Adult, Dystopian
Publication Date: 22nd October 2013
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Synopsis: "The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered- fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties and painful memories. But Tris' new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths to comprehend the complexities of human nature- and of herself- while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love.
"



Goodreads: Add Here
Amazon UK: Buy Here
Amazon US: Buy Here
Source: Hardcover



Review: It took me a while to get through this book for multiple reasons. One reason being I had a lot of school work and exams to do, another being that I didn't want this trilogy to end. I love Tris and Tobias and didn't want anything to end. This book is told from two point of view's, Tobias' and Tris', so in a way there were two endings. The ending for Tris matched her character perfectly, I know not many people would agree that it was the best of choices, but you can't deny it matches her character perfectly, and made sense as she'd gotten close to it so many times before hand, it was sort of expected at some point. I wasn't keen on that ending myself, I admit it made sense but Tris is an amazing character. The ending for Tobias actually shocked me, because of having his point of view, we actually got to understand his character a bit more, he actually seems quite loving and caring towards Tris and other people he cares about, so when it came to the ending for Tobias, we got to see a more emotional, caring side of him, we got to see Tobias the caring guy, not Tobias the dauntless guy. I know many people weren't sure what they thought of Allegiant because of the ending, but in all honestly, I didn't feel like that. It was upsetting, I do admit that, but it was the ending to a trilogy, that sort of thing usually happens and just because it's not a happy ending, that doesn't mean it's a bad one. I loved this entire trilogy and highly recommend it if you haven't read it yet.

Rating: 5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment