Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

The woman in black- film and book review

So, before I start, I just want to say that I probably won't be doing many reviews that involve the book and movie, and this is more of a comparison/review, and probably more of a comparison. Anyway, lets get started!

Book:
Alright, so the book was alright, I need to read it again though since I read it in English class and therefore focused more on how it was made tense and stuff. But I thought it was meh. I didn't love it yet I didn't hate it, it's kinda 50-50 for me. I'll do a proper review when I've read it again. Which may not be for a long time.
I liked Arthur a lot, and I felt sorry for go at the end, he never seemed to get a break. And the images that were created in my head by it were quite scary, Susan Hill wrote it very well, I'll give her that.

Film:
The film was quite scary and jumpy but I did like it. The only problem was that some parts outside of Eel Marsh House were quite rushed, and the main focus was inside the house. It was very different from the book but seemed good too. The ending I found very sad, and I'll admit I did have a little tear in my eye at that point. DON'T JUDGE ME!! I don't want to give too much away, but for those who have seen the woman in black film will know what I mean when I talk about the ending. 

Comparison:
If u turned the film into a separate book, you'd see that the chapters from that book compared to the original book are in a different order, and the ending completely changed. I'll admit that some of the changes were good, but part of the ending was kinda cheesy. 

Review:
I'd give the film 4/5 stars and the book 3/5 stars. I just preferred the film, even though it was quite creepy. 

Bye guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment