Pages

Monday 13 January 2014

My Favourite Books (from Goodreads)

To start off, if you don't know what Goodreads is, it is a website filled with books. It comes in handy for keeping track of your books (either read, currently reading or to read) and is a great place to make new friends and learn about new books!


I have a favourites list on goodreads, and according to goodreads I have 14 favourite books. So I'm just going to list them. My all time 2 favourite books will be first on the list of course! I'll say a little reason why it's my favourite too!


1. Before I Die- Jenny Downham

This book is my all time favourite book. It's so beautiful. I remember enjoying it so much!! Basically, I love it because the story is so sad and beautiful.


2. The Book Theif- Markus Zusak


All I have to say is, it's amazing and original and from a time period I really enjoy learning about because it's so interesting. It's surprisingly witty in areas too because of the narrator.


3. Anna Dressed in Blood- Kendare Blake


One of the first proper horror related books I read. I like it because Anna is such an amazing character and the story itself was just brilliant. I like a bit of scariness every now and then.


4. Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen


First Jane Austen book I read and it did not disappoint! The story is really good and I do like classics!


5. Boys Don't Cry- Malorie Blackman


Such a lovely story from an amazing writer. You really feel for the characters in this book, and it is quite a hard topic to write with, but it's done so well!


6. The Enemy- Charlie Higson


This represents the entire series so far. I love zombies so obviously this was going to be a favourite and I love the characters! The situation that they are in is scary to think about, and the characters emotions are so realistic, it's how quite a few people would feel if this was to actually happen!


7. My Life Next Door- Huntley Fitzpatrick


A beautiful romance novel. The families involved are so different and one particular family is just so loveable! The characters and plot are both lovely.


8. A Street Cat Named Bob- James Bowen


A non-fiction book here. This is about James, who is a recovering drug addict, who is having to beg on the streets for money, who found an injured cat in the streets and looks after it and they end up bonding. It is such a beautiful story. I would love to meet James and Bob.


9. The Diary of a Young Girl- Anne Frank


Everyone knows this book. Anne Frank's diary really helps us understand what life was like for a Jew in hiding. It's amazing to think that her father published this to help her achieve her dream, even in death. It must have been hard being a teenager in hiding. Not only do you worry about discovery, but about finding out who you really are. She had no independence because of the Nazis. I love reading her diary, I find it so interesting.


10. You Against Me- Jenny Downham


Another book by Jenny Downham. The way this book is just amazes me. The plot, the characters, the possible realism of it all. It's just brilliant. Jenny Downham is a brilliant writer.


11. Oliver Twist- Charles Dickens


I adore Charles Dickens! Oliver Twist has always been my favourite classic. It's just such a good story from such a good writer. I want to read everything by Charles Dickens one way. He is one of my favourite authors. What makes this even better is, I have an extremely old edition that I found in my local charity shop for £2!! It's so delicate and perfect, and I will cherish it for the rest of my life.


12. Life and Laughing: My Story- Michael McIntyre


I love Michael McIntyre, so obviously I was going to read this. Michael obviously had some struggles in his  life, with family and trying to become a successful comedian. It makes me appreciate him more and he still adds comedy into his auto biography.


13. Skellig- David Almond


In primary, we would be read this by my favourite teacher. I remember the voices he would do for each character, and I did end up loving the book and purchasing it myself. I love it! 


14. The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins


This represents the whole series and I don't really need to go into detail why it's a favorite series. It's good, everyone knows that!


Jesus that was long. So according to me and goodreads, those are my favourite books. Yep, that's right, and I even explained why. I made so much work for myself there! Goodness gracious.


If you stuck until the end to read that, thank you!


See you soon. Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment