Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

Book Review- Anatomy Of A Boyfriend (Anatomy #1)




Name:
Anatomy of a Boyfriend

Author: Daria Snadowsky
Genre: Young-Adult, Contemporary
Publication Date: 23rd September 2008
Publisher: Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers
Synopsis: "Before this all happened, the closest I'd been to getting physical with a guy was playing the board game Operation. Okay, so maybe that sounds pathetic, but it's not like there were any guys at my high school who I cared to share more than three words with, let alone my body. Then I met Wes, a track star senior from across town. Maybe it was his soulful blue eyes, or maybe my hormones just started raging. Either way, I was hooked. And after a while, he was too. I couldn't believe how intense my feelings became, or the fact that I was seeing–and touching–parts of the body I'd only read about in my Gray's Anatomy textbook. You could say Wes and I experienced lots of firsts together that spring. It was scary. It was fun. It was love. And then came the fall.
"



Goodreads: Add Here
Amazon UK: Buy Here
Amazon US: Buy here
Source: Paperback

Review:
So, before I get into this, I just want to say THIS BOOK IS NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG READERS!!!!!! It contains a few saucy scenes that most YA authors wouldn't dare to include. (Lots of sexual things. Naughty naughty!)  But if you ignore the fact that it contains those naughty scenes, it's actually a decent book. It's your basic boy and girl  meet and fall in love, but I guess with the twist that they are so similar yet so opposite. The main character, Dom (short for Domonique) is an extremely intelligent, nerdy girl who is completely clueless with boys and her best friend, Amy, is very experienced with them and it's funny how Amy is telling her all these things and giving her advice and it seems like Dom becomes more experienced. Wes is an attractive sounding, sporty guy who is completely clueless with girls, which I guess is a shock. They don't go to the same school, they meet because of Amy. The whole relationship between Wes and Dom seems to happen quite fast, and the interaction before they meet doesn't seem completely realistic, but I guess if you take into account that they are from two very different schools and are both quite awkward, I guess you can kinda understand why the way they interact is how it is. I guess the sexual things seem realistic, considering it's all first time things, but I wouldn't know, but it's how it would seem. Overall, this book was good, I will most likely read the second book when it is available in paperback format. I would recommend it for those 14+ depending on your maturity level. I'm 15 and I dealt with the sexual scenes just fine without freaking out about it at all. As I said, it depends on maturity.


Rating: 4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment