Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Book Review- Warm Bodies




Name: 
Warm Bodies

Author: Isaac Marion
Genre: Young-Adult, Horror, Romance
Publication Date: 14th October 2010
Publisher: Vintage
Synopsis: "'R' is a zombie. He has no name, no memories and no pulse, but he has dreams. He is a little different from his fellow dead. Amongst the ruins of an abandoned city, R meets a girl. Her name is Julie and she is the opposite of everything he knows - warm and bright ans very much alive, she is a blast of colour in a dreary grey landscape. For reasons he can't understand, R chooses to save Julie instead of eating her, and a tense yet strangely tender relationship begins. This has never happened before. It breaks the rules and defies logic, but R is no longer content with life in the grave. He wants to breathe again, he wants to live, and Julie wants to help him. But their grim, rotting world won't be changed without a fight..."


Goodreads: Add Here
Amazon UK: Buy Here
Amazon US: Buy Here
Source: Paperback


Review: 
I love zombies, everyone knows that, so when I saw this and knew it was about a zombie with a twist, I needed to read it. The story itself is from R's perspective, which I love. He's not your average zombie. He thinks and seems to be quite intelligent. I picked this up because I knew there was a lot of hype around it and I'm doing a small project in art and I have used the film as inspiration (even though I haven't seen it) and I thought that I should read the book as well. I personally think it lived up to the hype, it's well written, has a good plot, the characters themselves are brilliant. I really don't know what else to say. What I also loved about this book is the fact that there are different kinds of zombies, there are your standard zombies, R and the ones that I guess are slightly like him and the super creepy ones that seem like devil spawn, and if you have seen the pictures of them from the film like I have, you'll know how creepy they look. If you like zombies and romance, I suggest reading this if you haven't already. It's brilliant and has honestly now become one of my favourite books.


Rating: 5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment