Pages

Monday 30 December 2013

Top 10 Books of 2013

Hey guys! 

Today I have my top 10 books that I read in 2013!

This year has been an amazing reading year, and I've read so many good books!!


These aren't in any particular order (possibly order I read these top 10) so here we go!


1. My Life Next Door- Huntley Fitzpatrick


This was such a beautiful story, and has become one of my favourite books. I also found out that there will be a sequel!! So exciting! But the book itself was a lovely love story and some of the characters are just amazing and awesome!


2. The Enemy- Charlie Higson


One of my all time favourite series (the series is not finished yet and I haven't read the newest book yet!). Oh goodness gracious I love this series! This is the first book and just represents the entire series in a way, it's got zombies in it and crazy kids and it's just brilliant. I recommend it highly!


3. Boys Don't Cry- Malorie Blackman


Malorie Blackman is known for writing beautiful and brilliant books based on difficult stories. This is about a boy who is going to get some exam results and gets this baby left with him and it's his baby apparently! His whole life is turned upside down and this is how he deals with everything. Its so good and I think Malorie Blackman will very quickly become a favourite author of mine!


4. Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen


Bet you guys weren't expecting a classic! This is such a good book, and I just want to read so many other Jane Austen books (lots are free for Kindle) and just makes me appreciate all the classics we have in the world. It's a beautiful story, if you haven't read it, please do, you won't regret it.


5. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour- Morgan Matson


I had no idea what I was going to think of this and ended up loving it! It was a lovely summer read with a beautiful story. Amy and Roger were really awkward at first but you end up loving them! This road trip book is perfect for summer, so if you choose to read it, do it during the summer.


6. Uglies- Scott Westerfeld


Once again, I've picked the first book in a series and it sort of represents the entire series. This is such a good series. The whole world and technology sounds so cool yet so scary! Tally is a confused character, I guess there are some moments where you love her, some you hate her. I sort of felt like that throughout the series! It's a good series though!


7. Anna Dressed in Blood- Kendare Blake


The first and only horror book I read in October! It was brilliant! It was hyped up so much all over the internet that I was worried that it was overhyped and that I wouldn't enjoy it, but it was brilliant! There were some moments where it was quite slow, but I guess that didn't really ruin it for me. I liked it!


8. The Book Thief- Markus Zusak


This has become one of my all time favourite books. I like reading about the time of WW2 and the Holocaust because that's always interested me, even as a child, so when I hear about fiction to do with that period of time, I will read it, and it's also in Nazi Germany, which adds to how interesting I found it. It's narrated by Death, which I found quite cool and original, and he's quite witty too. It's just a good book, read it!!


9. Geek Girl- Holly Smale


This book was published this year, and I kept seeing it around and amazon recommended it to me, so I went onto goodreads and had a look at it and I thought it was interesting. So I bought it, read it and loved it. This is the first book in a series (Holly Smale recently announced on twitter that it'll be a 5 book series instead of a trilogy) and the only book in the series I have read (only the first 2 books are out at the moment) and I loved it! The character, Harriet is so cool, she's a geek and the things she comes out with are brilliant. I recommend this highly!


10. Anatomy of a Boyfriend- Daria Snadowsky


This is a book certainly not for young children! This is quite a sexual book. I'm kinda ignoring that bit when putting it on this list. I did enjoy it, even though it was sexual. I guess the whole plot ans the awkwardness of the characters was quite good. The fact that these two people who are new to the whole sex thing are together and so awkward with it all is quite funny. I don't really know what to say really. It's good and I'll probably read the sequel at some point. I also just remembered I should probably do a review on this at some point (don't hold your breath. If you want a review, let me know. I guess I feel awkward revewing it, but I'm not sure if I will or not) .


So, if you read up until the end. THANK YOU!

I hope everyone had a good 2013 and have a lovely 2014.


Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment