Pages

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Book Review- Uglies (Uglies #1)



Name: 
Uglies


Author: Scott Westefeld
Genre: Young-Adult, Fantasy
Publication Date: 29th March 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Childrens Books
Synopsis: "Tally can't wait to turn sixteen and become pretty. Sixteen is the magic number that brings a transformation from repellent Ugly into a stunningly attractive Pretty, and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a dew weeks, Tally will be there. But Tally's new friend, Shay, isn't see she wants to be Pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the Pretty world - and it isn't very Pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn Pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever."


Goodreads: Add Here

Amazon UK: Buy Here
Amazon US: Buy here
Source: Paperback

Review:
This is the first book in a series (more reviews of the other books to come) and it was really enjoyable. The book was left on a cliff hanger, making you want to read the next book (Pretties) straight after! I adore the characters in this book and Scott Westerfeld's writing is absolutely lovely. You read this book from the perspective of Tally, so you experience everything, her emotions, her movements and just everything, it's brilliant. I wasn't very sure with what to exactly put in this review, because there is so much to say, but I can't really seem to fully explain why this book is something I love! I have to say this whole seers is brilliant and worth checking out. Just watch out for some bad language. I highly recommend this series. When I first picked it up, I was a bit worried. I felt like blogs and YouTube had maybe hyped it up too much (I'm like this with every book I pick up because of reviews) but I was not disappointed! Enjoy!

Rating: 5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment