Pages

Monday 28 October 2013

Book Review- Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1)




Name: 
Anna Dressed in Blood


Author: Kendare Blake
Genre: Young-Adult, Romance, Horror
Publication Date: 5th July 2012
Publisher: Orchard Books
Synopsis: "Cas Lowood, armed with his late father's athame knife, kills ghosts. In Thunder Bay, Anna, forever 16, drips blood on her white dress from throat slit in 1958, and rips apart anyone who enters her house - except Cas. He makes new friends - high school queen Carmel, joke Will, admiring nerd Thomas and Tom's voodoo grandpa Morfran - to fight this demon."


Goodreads: Add Here

Amazon UK: Buy Here
Amazon US: Buy here
Source: Paperback

Review:
The plot for this book was so amazing. I never really read Horror books, but this one was just so hyped on goodreads and YouTube and other blogs that I needed to get it, so got it for my birthday. The plot, characters and entire book was written really well, I just occasionally felt that the chapters without Anna went on a bit too long, since Anna is a big part of it, you sort of expect the chapters without her in them to be quite short. I don't think the book was written with too much gore in it, I could still get vivid images of things in my head, but that is because I'm quite good with that sort of thing. You can get images in your head, but maybe not too graphic. This book is certainly not for young readers and I will have to pick up the second book soon. Another great thing was that the author, Kendare Blake actually connects with her readers on twitter, and she did tweet me which was lovely. I did really really like this book (I may even say I loved this book) but some chapters just felt too long. Still a 5 star book for me though!

Rating: 5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment