Pages

Sunday 22 September 2013

Book Review- The Boy in The Striped Pajamas



Name: 
The boy in the striped pajamas

Author: John Boyne
Genre: Young-Adult, Historical Fiction
Publication Date: September 12th 2006
Publisher: David Fickling Books
Synopsis: "When Bruno returns home from school one day, he discovers that his belongings are being packed in crates. His father has received a promotion and the family must move from their home to a new house far far away, where there is no one to play with and nothing to do. A tall fence running alongside stretches as far as the eye can see and cuts him off from the strange people he can see in the distance. But Bruno longs to be an explorer and decides that there must be more to this desolate new place than meets the eye. While exploring his new environment, he meets another boy whose life and circumstances are very different to his own, and their meeting results in a friendship that has devastating consequences."



Goodreads: Add Here
Amazon UK: Buy Here
Amazon US: Buy here
Source: Paperback

Review:
I decided to read this book shortly after I read Anne Franks diary. I became suddenly interested about reading books, fictional or not, about the holocaust. So when I saw this book was about the holocaust and was cheap on Amazon, I decided I had to have it. When I read it, I thought it was brilliant, Bruno, the main character in all this, was lovely, you really felt for him, and thought he was brilliant. When it came to meeting his new friend, there were so many emotions, most people understood what was going on, characters and readers, but some people didn't understand until the very end what was actually happening and where Bruno's friend actually was. This book also made me become very interested in holocaust related books, fictional and non-fictional books about this touchy subject really help you learn about it, and as it's something I have to learn about in GCSE History, it's helping me understand how oblivious to everything some people were. But back to the book, all the characters were well thought out, the writing was lovely and the overall plot was brilliant, yet sad. I adored this book.

Rating: 5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment