Pages

Thursday 18 July 2013

Unread Books

I decided to write down some things about unread books I have, because I saw a video by one of my favourite YouTubers, MercysBookishMusings

I own about 43 unread books and about 41 read books. Making a total of 84 books, which sounds about right. This has put me off buying books, and I'm going to try and stop buying books in big amounts. I may occasionally buy a book, but not very often, unless it's a copy of a book I have read but do not own. I may get books for my birthday and christmas, but overall, I'll barely get any books.

Why do I have over 40 books that I haven't read? Well, this is because of many reasons. One reason is because there are always new books I want to try out and read, so I buy those and then read them, and end up pushing older books further back, which is a shame. I don't know why I've done this, it's just how things go. An annoying thing is I own a lot of books that are the first book in a series, so I can't really continue reading a series properly, because it would mean that I need to buy more books. 

How do I plan on getting through all of my books? Simple, I barely buy any new books, I read stand-alone books first and then go onto series that I own almost all of, and then I start new series. Some bigger series I may not read for a very long time, because I don't like the size of them at the moment, but all books will get read eventually, or at least attempted to be read, and possibly put into my abandoned bookshelf on goodreads and then the book will be given to charity. I have already done that with one series, Twilight, and it's something I will continue to do.

Lately I've had a look at some books, and I decided to get rid of a few that I knew I'd never read. I never sell books, I donate them to charity. I'd rather help out a charity than get sell books to pocket the money myself, and knowing me, I'd most likely spend it on either books or sweets anyway. Silly me!

Bye guys

No comments:

Post a Comment