Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Book Review- You Against Me


Name: You Against Me
Author: Jenny Downham
Genre: Young-Adult, Romance
Publication Date: December 2nd 2010
Publisher: David Fickling Books
Synopsis: "If someone hurts your sister and you're any kind of man, you seek revenge, right? If your brothers' accused of a terrible crime but says he didn't do it, you defend him, right? When Mikey's sister claims a boy assaulted her, his world begins to fall apart. When Ellie's brother is charged with the offence, her world begins to unravel. When Mikey and Ellie meet, two world collide. This is a brave and unflinching novel from the best selling author of Before I Die. It's a book about loyalty and the choices that come with it. But above all it's a book about love."



Goodreads: Add here
Amazon UK: Buy here
Amazon US: Buy here
Source: Paperback

Review:
I loved Before I Die, so I had big hopes for this book, and I loved it! Ellie's family and Mikey's family are quite different, so when they meet, it's quite odd, the two completely different worlds collide and it turns into something amazing. Jenny Downham wrote about Ellie's family and surroundings and Mikey's family and surroundings so well, I could picture it all perfectly in my head. I love the characters, their personalities and the overall plot of this book. You go on a journey with both families, and when going on this journey you begin to understand them all better, which is something I love. Everything is described beautifully, and I would love Jenny Downham to write more books, since I adore both of her novels. I'd recommend this to people 13+. And one more thing, I love the cover, it's so simplistic and beautiful!

Rating: 5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment