Pages

Sunday 14 July 2013

Charles Dickens- My Favourite Author

My all-time favourite author is Charles Dickens.
I think everyone knows who Charles Dickens is, but for those who don't know, allow me to give you some information.


Name: Charles John Huffam Dickens
Date of Birth: 7th February 1812
Date of Death: 9th June 1870 (Aged 85)
Place of Birth: Hampshire, England
Place of Death: Kent, England
Occupation: Writer
Charles Dickens wrote over a dozen novels and many plays and short stories. A few you may be most familiar with are Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, A Christmas Carol, A Tale of Two Cities, The Mystery of Edwin Drood and David Copperfield.
Of course there are many more, but those are just some of the ones you may know the best.
There is a place in Kent called Dickens World. I have been there, before it got changed round, and it was amazing. The boat ride was brilliant and it was amazing learning about characters and more about the genius writer himself.

I like classics, and Charles Dickens just has that special writing style that I love. I'm not really sure how to explain it but it is amazing.

I have no idea what else to say. I guess just read some of his books for yourself and you'll most likely see why he's my favourite author.

Bye guys

No comments:

Post a Comment