Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Beauty Review- Maybelline BabyLips

I'm trying something slightly different, and I'm honestly not sure if this is gonna be a thing but here I am to try it out!


Alright, so today I am reviewing the BabyLips Lip Balms by Maybelline.

In the UK, there are 6 in total (3 tinted, 3 not tinted).


The 3 tinted ones are called:

- Pink Punch

- Cherry Me

- Peach Kiss



The 3 non-tinted ones are called:

- Hydrate

- Intense Care

- Mint Fresh



So let's get the actual review started...


First up is Smell:

The tinted ones all smell how they are supposed to. Cherry Me smells of cherries, Peach Kiss smells of peaches and Pink Punch smells of a kind of fruity sort of thing, I can't quite put my finger on it but it smells so nice!

The non-tinted ones smell equally as nice. Mint Fresh obviously smells of mint, and Intense Care and Hydrate also smell nice, even though I can't put my finger on it. (I'm not fantastic at describing smells...)


Next up is Apperance:

Apperance of packaging is nice. It's colourful, simplistic and they all look good together.


Colour:

The 3 non tinted ones aren't coloured (which is why they aren't tinted ones) so I can't really go into detail about that but the 3 tinted ones colours are amazing. I did a little swatch (please ignore the drawing on top of my hand) 


They are beautiful colours and Peach Kiss has a slightly shimmer to it.

They go in this order (left to right): Peach Kiss, Pink Punch, Cherry Me


Moisture: 

They are labeled as an 8 hour moisturising balm, which is a pretty big statement to make!

I'd honestly say the moisture at the most lasts about 4 hours depending on what you are doing, and you do need to be quite generous with the amount you put on. One go over isn't gonna cut it!

They do moisturise your lips nicely though and I honestly think that the Intense Care one has made my lips feel better. In the cold, windy winter this can be quite helpful, but obviously if your lips are VERY bad then you may want to go with something more powerful like Vaseline or Carmex or something along those lines.


Overall:

Overall I really like these lip balms. They are all nice. I'd say my favourites are Intense Care and Pink Punch. I highly recommend them. You can get them from Superdrug, Boots or any sort of shop like that for £2.99 (I'm not too sure about America, sorry!!)



So, this was something quite different, I hope you all enjoyed it though..

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment